Pinterest is full of fantastic looking foods that make me famished just looking at them. I am no cook and impatient so I rarely attempt any of the recipes that look so good. But this one really made my mouth water and seemed quick and easy. It is know one of my husband’s and my favorites was a White Chicken Enchilada found at Food Family Finds.
I’ve copied the recipe directly from her website below.
- 6-8 corn tortillas (enchilada size)
- 1 pre-cooked plain rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 4 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided in half
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 – 10oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 – 4oz can chopped green chiles
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Fill the center of each tortilla with a handful of shredded chicken, a tablespoon or so of the corn, and a pinch of the shredded cheese.
- Roll and place in the bottom of a baking dish with the seam side down.
- In a pot over medium heat melt the better. Add flour and whisk into a thick paste.
- Add chicken broth, cream of chicken, sour cream, chiles, salt and pepper.
- Whisk gently for about 5 minutes until warm and smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the enchiladas and top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes and serve warm.
We absolutely LOVE this dish and it is very easy to make. One time we cooked our own chicken which added some time. I also choose to leave out the sour cream and chiles due to our own taste preferences. Last time we also were out of chicken broth so I just watered down the cream of chicken soup so that sauce wouldn’t be soooo thick and it was still delicious.
Definitely a new favorite!